Whether you are a beginner or seasoned Linux user, you cannot escape Bash.
From school curriculum to sysadmin tasks, from setting up your homelab to working as DevOps, Bash scripting is present everywhere.
It is time that you get familiar with the essentials of the Bash shell scripting, and this course intends to do the same.
⏳ Time to complete: Approx. 3 hours
📋 Prerequisite: Absolute basics of getting around Linux terminal
In this Bash course for beginners, you'll learn the following:
- Creating and running Hello World bash script
- Understanding variables
- Passing arguments to your bash scripts
- Using bash arrays
- Doing mathematical calculations in bash
- Manipulating strings
- Adding conditional logics in bash
- Creating loops
- Using functions
- Automating some small but practical tasks with bash